Monday, March 12, 2018

S'mores donuts

This is the second post for the month of March. The theme is My Choice. I was actually really busy planting a vegetable garden this weekend so I needed to bake something simple. As I looked back on this blog I noticed that I always bake a donut. I then wanted a chocolate flavored donut and decided on S'mores donuts. I added a little graham cracker crumbs to the chocolate batter and then dipped each donut in a chocolate glaze. I made a little meringue and toasted it for that marshmallow taste and finally added a little edible gold leaf ( I ordered a bunch because I need it for my birthday cake). I really like these donuts. Of course they are a chocolate cake donut and they are so moist. I only made 8 donuts and they were quickly scooped up. All in, these took about 20 minutes. These were perfect to make on a sort of lazy Sunday.

Smores donut
S'mores Donut





Here's what you will need

S'mores Donut

3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter ( cooled to room temperature)
1 2/3 cup buttermilk or  1 teaspoon vinegar added to 1 2/3 cup milk
graham cracker crumbs for garnish
meringue for garnish ( or marshmallows)



Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together and set aside




In a separate bowl mix milk, brown sugar, egg, melted butter, white sugar




add in the dry flour mixture. Mix to combine

Place mixture in a piping bag. Fill donut cavities.


I sprinkled each donut with graham crackers.

Looks yummy

Bake the donuts at 350F for 8-10 minutes.

Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

I could just eat these like this

For chocolate glaze

Mix 2 cups powdered sugar and 1/3 cup of cocoa powder with about 5 tablespoons of milk. If glaze is too thin add more powdered sugar. If too thick add in a tablespoon of milk at a time.



I glazed each donut and added graham cracker crumbs and piped in the center of each donut some meringue


I then toasted the meringue for that s'mores feel.


smores donut
gold leaf makes everything looks fancy




No comments:

Post a Comment