Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Blueberry Curd For The Win!

This is a really quick post. I just wanted to post it about the blueberry curd that I made recently. I really like making curds because it's a way for me to use the egg yolks that are left after making macarons. So far I have made Grapefruit, Mango, Lemon, Strawberry, and now Blueberry. Sprout's had really nice blueberries for 98 cents for a 6 oz container. I ended up buying 3 containers and ended up using 2 containers which was 12 oz and I just ate the other container. I still don't know what I'm going to do with this curd, I might end up using it for father's day.

Blueberry Curd

Blueberry Curd

  • 1 Cup of Blueberry Puree
  • 1 tbs of lime juice
  • 4 large egg yolks 
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 teaspoons of corn starch
  • 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)

Start by pouring your blueberry puree, sugar, lime juice, cornstarch, and pinch of salt into your saucepan and whisk all together.






Now add in your 4 egg yolks and whisk together


Take your saucepan and place it over medium/high heat. Whisk the mixture for 5-7 minutes, keep whisking so it will not burn. (I normally just stand there whisking with the oven timer on, I set I whisked for 6 minutes) The mixture will become thick, think like a pudding or custard thickness.


Now take it off the burner and strain through a fine mesh sieve to get out the cooked eggs.





and whisk in your cold butter a little at a time


After all the butter is incorporated, I placed it in a jar with a lid and sat it on the counter, then after a few hours I placed it in the fridge. It taste so good ya'll. 




No comments:

Post a Comment