Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Mango Marmalade For The Win!

This is a quick small batch of mango marmalade. I just wanted to use the last of my mangoes, and I thought it would be a great way to preserve that mango flavor and add a bit more citrus. It also acts as a transition to what I'm going to be posting later this week which are a few lemon recipes.

mango marmalade
Delicious Mango Marmalade

This recipe is also very simple and makes a little half pint worth. I like this size because I can definitely eat this amount of jam without being stuck with a lot of leftovers. I think this is a great marmalade for breakfast, brunch, or just a snack. It's just a yummy tropical flavor that is something different from your basic orange, lemon, and grapefruit marmalades. I also love marmalades because you don't need pectin or anything else, just fruit and sugar basically. So let's get started

Mango Marmalade

  • 1 cup of cut up mangoes
  • 1 thinly sliced lemon
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 cup of sugar
I soaked my lemons in water the day before and used that lemon water as the 1 cup of water

Combine lemons and water in medium saucepan. 


Bring to a boil over high heat, cover and reduce heat. Boil gently for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.



Add mangoes to saucepan.


 Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.



Stir in sugar. 



Return to a boil and boil, rapidly, uncovered until mixture will form a gel, keep stirring frequently.



Place in a jar, I flip the jar upside down on the counter to create a seal and when the marmalade cools down I then place in the fridge to set.

I then enjoy the mango marmalade a day later

mango marmalade
Delicious on toast


No comments:

Post a Comment