Thursday, May 17, 2018

Rose Pistachio Croissants

I've been a little slow with this second floral bake. I knew I wanted to use rose in some way for this bake, so I baked Rose Pistachio White Chocolate Croissants. I specifically made these for my mom for her mother's day breakfast, and we all snacked on them all day. They were not only beautiful, they were also delicious. My mom loves all things pink and she really loves roses. I decided to color some white chocolate and dip each croissant. I've made croissants a few times and these are the prettiest. I also added dried rose into the actual dough.

rose pistachio croissant
Rose Pistachio White Chocolate dipped croissant

Ok here's what you will need:

Croissant Dough

  • 500 g unbleached all-purpose flour + (extra for dusting)
  • 140 g water
  • 140 g whole milk (you can take it straight from the fridge)
  • 55 g sugar
  • 40 g soft unsalted butter
  • 11 g instant yeast (if you buy those little packets it's exactly two) 
  • 12 g salt
  • 2-3 tablespoons rose water
  • 2-3 tablespoons dried rose


Butter layer

  • 280g of good quality unsalted butter (that's around 10oz)


Additional items for croissants

  • 1 egg + tablespoon of (cream, milk, or water) 
  • good quality white chocolate
  • pistachios
  • dried rose


I've made croissants a lot on this blog so, for a detailed Croissant making post CLICK HERE

This post will have very simple instructions, but again for detailed instructions click on that link above.

First, mix all of your dough ingredients in a large bowl and knead until a smooth ball forms.

dried roses



On a lightly flour dusted plate form your dough into a disc shape and place on the plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one day.


Make the butter sheet

8in x 8in square (it's easiest to do this between sheets of parchment)




You are going to incase your butter between your dough, like this




 roll the dough to about  8in x 24 in


Fold dough like a letter and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Roll the dough back out 8in x 24in. Repeat the process 2 more times. Then leave in refrigerator overnight.


The final day take out your dough roll it back out to 8 in x 24in  and cut in half. Place other half of dough in fridge. Roll the dough back out to 8in x 24in.


Cut the dough into desired shapes  ( I like to cut my croissants with 4 inch bases.)

Cut about a 1 inch base.

Starting from the bottom base of each croissant slowly roll up.




Brush a little egg wash on each croissant and cover with plastic wrap and let proof for 2 hours.

After 2 hours brush each croissant with egg wash again and you can place toppings on them

Place in a 400F oven for 20 minutes.




Chocolate filled


Place croissants on a cooling rack to cool completely.



 I didn't take pictures of the chocolate melting, but I melted the chocolate over a double boiler, and then I colored it gently with pink gel food coloring.


 I dipped half of the croissant in the pink white chocolate, and then added pistachios and roses.




 I placed these in the fridge for a small amount of time for the chocolate to harden.

These look so pretty on a brunch table




Rose Pistachio Croissant
So Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment